Elder Petersen has been called to serve in the México Tuxtla Gutiérrez Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He entered the Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah on July 5,2012.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Chahuites, Oaxaca.. Yup. ;]‏ JANUARY 13, 2014








Well howdy there.. There goes another week.. And my first one down in this area. I sure hope that you are all doin dandy and hoping that you are all safe and healthy. This week went by fast.. And I'm slowly but surely gettin settled right in here in this crazy place. We do more runnin around and helping the other missionaries more than working it seems like.. It's gonna take some gettin used to on my part, just gotta be humble and love everything that comes my way..! Crazy crazy that after this transfer I will have 3 left.. I am pretty sure I'm bout to be here till May and for my Birthday I will be traveling to my last area.. Pretty cool beans! 

This week was really good and went by pretty fast as I adapted to a whole different place.. The climate here is a lot like Tonalá so it's gonna be a blast(: Very humble place.. It's called the capital of Mangos here so I will be gettin my fix of mangoes and more here.. pretty stoked.. (: As we walk down the streets here you can see that all of many trees are loaded with mangos.. There is a bunch of different types to, point is I'm bout to gettin weird with mangoes.. They have shweet taxis here called moto taxis so I am gonna get a shweet pic for this coming week.. I have been gettin some good video to dad so we are bout to put together a good one..  This week we have been running around to do baptism interviews and the zone is pretty big so we do a lot of traveling in buses and taxis hahah the transport is a whole other story down here but hey what an adventure This week we traveled to Ixhuatán, and then Zanatepec and ate at a buffet that was shweet! It's the mom of Hermana Cárdenas so the missionaries eat free there whenever hahaa I loaded up on fried bananas rice and beans and taquitos with salsa... Lots of work! 

I had a really cool experience this past week when I was doing a baptismal interview for a little girl.. She lived in a little shack by the ocean thats where we took the pics, anyway.. here name is Anseth Abigail Moreno Lopez. She is 12 years old, but it was amazing to see this little girls faith.. She has been through so very much, and she is so very beautiful! The coolest part was when she looked me in the eyes and told me that she knows with all of her heart that she knows that Jesus Christ loves her, and that He is always holding her hand.. I just sat there smiling and she was too. I felt like a fire was burning in my chest! Pretty dang amazing the people I am meeting.. It's what I will miss most about this amazing mission.. 
Well just know that I love you all so very much! Your always in my prayers and I am countin down these short days until I am right back there with you all again.. I know that it is hard but we are being blessed so very much. Just gotta keep on fighting that good fight! 

Here is to another great week.. I love you all so very much! Until next time.. Adios(: 

"Time is a precious thing. Never waste it." - WILLY WONKA 




--
Elder Jaden M. Petersen 
Misión México Tuxtla Gutierrez
July 2012-2014
"Fight The Good Fight" 



No comments:

Post a Comment