Elder Petersen has been called to serve in the México Tuxtla Gutiérrez Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He entered the Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah on July 5,2012.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

One Doggone Year.. Wow(: July 1, 2013

The little kid is a part of about 20 others that just run around and are always at the church. Ha my name is "What's your name?" I taught em that phrase and so they call me that every time I see em.. looks like a monkey up there too  haha Well yup.
I am going to start this letter off by saying sorry for being so late haha.. Had the craziest but best P day I have ever had in my life! I am for sure going to put a bunch of pics on this one.. I don't even remember the name of the place we went to haah.. But wow.. Pure jungle.. I saw like three toucans like the sweet colorful birds and a ton of squirrels and you don't have to believe me but yup there was even spider monkeys ha-ha.. It was amazing saw a ton of stuff I am sure I will never see in my life again.... We went on an adventure with the other elders from the other side of Tonalá, and our guides were three Hermana's.. A mom that is in like here 40's and her 2 hijas.. We walked a freakin ton haha but it was beautiful and honestly it's a miracle that I only got a few mosquito bites haha.. (the mosquitoes were blue) but it was beautiful I wish you were all there with me.. I wont ever go back to that place and I had a lot of time to think on that adventure.. Just like the mission, I wont be able to go back and do it again so I am going to give it everything I have, and I wont stop until I'm giving you all hugs in that SLC airport less than a year from now.. (;


  Well wow.. I can't believe it has been one year either.. I can look back and remember those choice days in the mish.. But honestly it feels like honestly just a bit a go we were all gathered around in the kitchen for the last time for 2 years and I remember when it all hit.. I still remember word for word the blessing that you gave me dad, and the courage, love, and spirit I felt after that.. I know we could all feel the comfort and love of our Heavenly Father in our home.. It's something that I always look to for strength.. I can't believe that my year mark has come.. It has really got me thinkin.. And I can feel myself growin in every way.. I am so blessed to be here in the mish.. Everyday I am just happy to be here even if it is hard and hot or whatever.. I know this is my time to help other people and to realize who I am..


  I Love the mission.. I am glad for who it has transformed me this past year.. I am so much more grateful for all that I have and blessed to be a missionary here in CHIAPAS, MÉXICO, THE BEST MISH ON THE PLANET! I love to look at my life and who I have become, I know it has all come from God, he has given me the strength and I know that he has helped me and been with me with places nobody else could go.. I sure am proud to rep that "ELDER PETERSEN" on my chest and below it JESUCRISTO..
"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."


Well, I hope you all have a SHWEET 4th of July to.. I am so stoked to be home celebrating the next one with you all, we gon make it cray cray.. (; Have some good ol fun for me and do something I would.. Eat some freakin good food for me.. Bout to get big when I get back haha I miss food.. (: Well I sure Love you all more than my words could ever describe.. I wanna thank you all for the letters you all write me and for your support, prayers, love , and hope.. You give me strength.. I love you all and we got one more year till I am back wreckin havoc (: I love you and I hope that, you will all continue to feel of my love and spirit, be the examples you are and thanks for everything..
ONE MORE YEAR TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT! 
Love Elder Jade M. Petersen







FOTOS:
Well the jungle trip we had today haah my camera died and I was.. like Chris Farley says.. "Angry..."  But yeah I cant even believe I saw the stuff I did haha it was an awesome way to start my one year right thats for sure.. 

LOVE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment